Are You Ready To Become A US Citizen

Date: Tuesday January 23, 2018

Citizen Header


FREE CITIZENSHIP SERVICE for Local 338 Members and Their Families!
**Partial Grants Are Also Available for Eligible Union Members**


Saturday, June 1, 2019


Appointments are available between
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM


RWDSU’s Office

370 7th Avenue, 14th Floor
(Between 30th and 31st Streets)
*Please note that the building says 7 Penn Plaza*

To be eligible to apply for the Citizenship Clinic you must:

• Have been a legal permanent resident for 5 years, or 3 years if married to a U.S. citizen
• Have no problems with the law
• Speak, write and read basic English

What are the Benefits to Citizenship?

• Vote in all local, state and national elections. Your Vote is your Voice!
• Bring your spouse or minor children, your mother and father to the U.S. without delay
• Bring adult children and siblings within 3 to 10 years
• Ability to travel freely and visit family abroad
• Apply for certain federal jobs

How do I prepare for my appointment?

• To insure completion of your application, see back page for documents you will need to
bring to the workshop
Registration is first come, first serve and there are limited appointments available. To schedule
your appointment, please call (212) 684-5300
 There will also be someone available to answer questions about changes that impact DACA and TPS holders.

We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity!


What Do I Need to Bring to the Citizenship Clinic?


Please be sure to have the following documents with you on June 1st:

• Your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
• License or any other Photo ID
• Social Security card
• Two passport size photos
• List of home addresses for the past 5 years and the dates that you lived at these addresses
• List of employer names and addresses over the last 5 years. Please also have the dates that you worked for that employer
• Dates that you have been outside of the U.S. within the past 5 years and the countries that you traveled to. Bring your passport, itineraries, tickets, etc. for all trips made outside of the U.S.
• Complete names, dates of birth, addresses, and green cards for all of your children
• Your most recent tax return
• A money order for $725.00 payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security” *

If you are applying for citizenship based on marriage, please bring:

• Marriage certificate and/or divorce decrees, if applicable
• Evidence that your spouse has been a resident for at least 3 years, such as his/her birth
certificate, passport or certificate of naturalization.
• Documents referring to you and your spouse: bank statements, leases or mortgages, and
IRS tax returns for the last 3 years.
• If you have changed your name after you were married, please bring the court decree that
shows that you legally changed your name.

* You may also be qualified for a fee waiver!*

To be eligible for the waiver, you must prove that your household income is below 150% of Poverty Guideline or receive a federal or state funded means-tested benefit. If you think you may be eligible for a fee waiver, please bring your most recent tax returns and proof that you are receiving food stamps, public housing assistance, or medical assistance.

Printable Version: English | Spanish

LOCAL 338 RWDSU/UFCW  •  1505 Kellum Place  •  Mineola, New York 11501
Main Office (516) 294-1338  •  Union Call Center (516) 294-1338 ext. 1775  •  Medical Call Center (516) 294-1338 ext. 1776
This site is designed to be best viewed using Internet Explorer 7 or newer.